[Interview] 'Ruricon', so that you can enjoy video games at the game show

Throughout many years, Play Expo has been developing as an event to experience and enjoy. I had a variety of indie games, such as arcade games, esports, board games and retro games. This year, it's been a long time since I returned to a face -to -face event where game companies and fans can communicate with them.

However, Play Expo was less likely to participate in large developers compared to other large game shows. There weren't many events such as unpublished or trailers for fans around the world.

It was Ruricon that had a little bit of regret that remained at the Play Expo. We have a booth that binds large console game companies together, and we are filling up the vacancy of the new console, which was not enough offline and online with various demonstration zones and new releases.

This year, Ruricon returned to a new demonstration that was not released on live broadcasts. I met Ruri Web Shin Jong -hyun, who was in charge of the event, and listened to various stories about Ruricon.

Reporter Kang Seung-jin (Kang Seung-jin) \ -In the name Ruricon, I found the play expo again. I think it was the first time I was involved in the booth in 2019. How did you join the Play Expo?

Director Shin Jong-hyun (Shin Jong-hyun) -Play Expo has discussed the event that can show the video game better since the story began in 2017. G -Star is mainly a mobile game, so I was willing to play arcade or video games. I talked for a long time, and it was 2017, and in 2019, I first participated in Ruricon at the Play Expo.

Kang Seung-jin \ -This year, I set up a booth back to the scene. On the first day, on weekdays, it seemed that the game fans visited a lot.

Shin Jong-hyun - I think it's really good. I asked the visitors all the time, and I waited for the event and the game show to be able to experience it again. Thank you and proud for the preparation.

Kang Seung-jin \ -The offline event was not held last year, but I remember finding a lot of fans with online events and conveying various game information. What if you remember the time?

Shin Jong-hyun \ \ -The online and offline decided to open at the same time, but it was changed online as the offline event was canceled. So I showed an online event, but I was trying to expand it in stages. From offline to online.

Kang Seung-jin \ -Then last year's event was finished well online without a big problem. However, I heard that this year's broadcast is different from last year. Unlike showing a pre -shooting video, it will be live.

Shin Jong-hyun \ -It-I wanted to go one step (laughs). I didn't make a big mistake while doing live broadcasts from the beginning, so last year I adopted a pre -video shot. But live broadcasting is also fun. To do that, I prepared an online live broadcast.

Kang Seung-jin -Saturday (3rd day of Play Expo, 14th) Ruricon Online broadcast will reveal various information.

Shin Jong-hyun \ -I rather than worrying, I look forward to seeing a lot of live broadcasts. For example, Kosu said he was good at playing games, but he made a mistake in the wrong scene. Last year, reporter Chung Pil -kwon did.

Kang Seung-jin \ -The last broadcast was perfect, but I made a mistake. If there is only one problem last year, there was something that I wandered in Zelda's legendary demonstration (laughs).

Shin Jong-hyun - When I practiced something, I said, 'You can do it like this.' But viewers said that it was fun.

Kang Seung-jin - Right. I remember that the chat window was the most active at that time.

▲ Zelda's legendary Skyword Sword Game Play, which was revealed as it was not played as prepared Shin Jong-hyun \ -It's fun to create and show scenes that viewers can enjoy.

Kang Seung-jin \ -Then this year, there will be a game introduction or a trailer, but is you showing gameplay?

Shin Jong-hyun -Yes. Last year, it was fun to make a mistake by Chung Pil -kwon.

Kang Seung-jin \ -It may be burdensome (laughs). So are you playing with me like last year?

Shin Jong-hyun -sometimes players play differently from each game, and developers may demonstrate them. I think everything is different.

Kang Seung-jin \ -Is a lot of preparations, but is there an event to be eyeed or personally?

Shin Jong-hyun \ -Personally, it's a Korean game play video of the query. This is a horror game and the video is quite long, but I just watched the video and looked at it. Since the online broadcast continues until night, viewers can be more immersed in the night.

Kang Seung-jin - You have prepared this time in time.

Shin Jong-hyun -Yes. In time.

▲ The query to make Ruricon more frivolous at night. The new video will be released through Ruricon Kang Seung-jin \ -I think you prepared carefully without just crossing the small part. I think you had a lot of trouble in the preparation process.

Shin Jong-hyun - Are you worried? Um.... In fact, I always thought I wanted to have such an event, and I didn't worry much because I realized it.

Kang Seung-jin - This is the stage of keeping thinking.

Shin Jong-hyun \ -In some way, you might say you're doing it again. I used to be in the publisher and made the game division and did these things. The know -how is used now.

Kang Seung-jin - Then if you ask a question, what is the difference between then and now?

Shin Jong-hyun \ -I'm. The biggest is the development of technology? At that time, it was hard to think of this online live broadcast. There was a live broadcast. It was 20 years ago, but it was very coarse in low quality. Now I can show a lot of things to viewers.

Kang Seung-jin \ -In addition to online broadcasting, a booth was set up at the Play Expo site and many game companies exhibited the game. How was this site preparation?

Shin Jong-hyun - There are many developers who are still unable to demonstrate because of Corona 19. That was a bit regrettable. If not, I would have recruited more participants. Korean branches of global game companies follow the policies of global game companies, so only Korea can demonstrate. E3 is also canceled (laughs).

Kang Seung-jin - What is the reaction of the game company that participated in the offline booth?

Shin Jong-hyun \ -In the Korean side, game companies have a lot of authority to think that they want to have such a demonstration event. Bandai Namco Entertainment Korea decided to carry out the Eldenling exhibition to the public, but it was canceled to spread Omikron. I liked it again at Ruricon this time.

GARTIC PHONE The Telephone Game | Who's Best at Drawing? in Challenge of the Week Kang Seung-jin \ -I definitely looks like a face-to-face event.

Shin Jong-hyun -Yes. Still, Corona 19 still needs to be careful.

Kang Seung-jin \ -Do you have any concerns?

Shin Jong-hyun \ -Then, the demonstration booth is installed so that you can play the game by distance. Do you have a hand disinfectant? I care about that.

Kang Seung-jin \ -I can't talk about publicity video. The representative came out.

Shin Jong-hyun \ -The Ruriweb is left with only Ruri. Ruri Web, Ruricon, like this. The website that Ruri is in progress is Ruri Web and CEO Jin In -hwan is Ruri. From the standpoint of making a video, should Ruri himself should come out?

Kang Seung-jin \ -Soon.

Shin Jong-hyun -Yes.

Kang Seung-jin - And today, but more game fans will be looking for Ruricon booths on the weekend?

Shin Jong-hyun \ -In the family and those who come, I couldn't dry Chan-gu and prepared a photo zone to take pictures and take pictures. From the point of view of my dad, I have to take a picture with Malenia. That's possible.

Kang Seung-jin \ -The family can enjoy it together and fit your taste.

Shin Jong-hyun -Yes. Right. And in the case of revenge on the mutant ninja turtle: 4 people can play the game together at once. So that your family can play the game together. I want you to have such fun in Ruricon.

Comments

Popular Posts